Property Taxes Property taxes are due on February 1, May 1, August 1, and November 1. Failure to receive a tax bill does not make you exempt from paying taxes or the interest due on delinquent taxes. The City of Millville permits a 10-day grace period. After the grace period has passed, interest will be charged back to the due date. Please be advised that the State of New Jersey does not allow the tax collector to acknowledge postmarks, therefore all payments must be received in the office on or before the 10th. The only exception would be if the 10th falls on a weekend or legal holiday, in which case the taxpayer would then have until the next business day to make payment.
As a statutory officer of the State of New Jersey, the collector is obligated to follow all the state statutes regarding property tax collection which includes billing, due dates, and charging interest on delinquent taxes. No one has the authority to forgive interest on delinquent taxes.
As a calendar year municipality, our budget year runs January 1 through December 30. As of December 30, any balances still owing will be considered delinquent and subject to tax sale.
The City of Millville has adopted by resolution an interest rate of 8% for the first $1,500 of delinquency and 18% for any delinquency over $1,500 as allowed per state statute N.J.S.A 54:4-67, as well as a 6% year-end penalty on any balance owing as of June 30, in excess of $10,000.
The Tax Collector's Office currently offers a variety of ways to pay your taxes including the following:
- In person, using one of three options:
- Walk-ins are always welcome in our pay room on the 1st floor of the City Hall Building, 8:30 a.m through 4:30 p.m.
- A drive-thru window is located on the river side of the City Hall, which is open during normal business hours.
- A 24-hour drop box is located on the High Street side of the City Hall building. This box is at the top of the steps to the left of the entry doors. (Please be advised that any payments received during normal business hours will be considered as received that business day. Any payments received after hours will be credited to the next business day, and interest may apply.)
- By mail, by sending your payment to:
12 S. High St.
P.O. Box 609
Millville, NJ 08332
- Direct debit from your checking account
If you have any questions, please be sure to view our frequently asked questions. Should you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on any tax collection matter.